1.Collect your materials. Creating a felt box is quite easy, but it does require some materials and tools. Before you get started, take some time to think about what you would like your box to look like and then collect your materials and tools. To make one felt box, you will need:
a large bowl
two felt squares that measure 13.5cm X 13.5cm (about 5.3 inches by 5.3 inches)
pipe cleaners, glitter glue, beads, crystals, or anything else you want to use to decorate your box
2.Download and print out the pattern. You will need the paper version of the pattern to create the box bottom and cover. This pattern provides an actual size diagram that you can cut out and use to cut the squares into the right dimensions.
3. Prepare the glue solution. Fill your bowl about halfway full with some lukewarm water. Then, pour in a generous amount of glue (about 1/4 cup or 60 mL). Mix the solution with a spoon or even just with your hands
4.Soak your felt squares. Next, take one of your felt squares and dip it into the water. Make sure that the whole felt square is soaked through. Then, lift the felt square out of the water and wring it out over the bowl. Next, lay the felt square down on your plastic wrap and press it so that it is completely flat.
5. Leave the felt squares alone while they dry. After you have flattened both of your felt squares, leave them alone until they are completely dry and stiff. This may take a few hours
6. Cut out the paper patterns. While your felt squares are drying, you can prepare the paper pattern. Lay the pattern on your cutting mat and use your precision knife and ruler to make straight, clean cuts along the guidelines of the paper patterns
7.Use the pattern to cut the felt squares. When the felt squares are dry, you can use the paper patterns to cut out the felt squares. Place your felt squares on the cutting mat and use your ruler and precision knife to cut out the squares. Hold the ruler over each of the lines one at a time and run the precision knife over the line to make the cut.
- Felt Maintenance Method
- Felt Selection Should Pay Attention...
- What Are The Problems In The Proces...
- How To Dress Up Your Felt?
- What Is The Difference Between Wool...
- The Density Of The Felt
- Felt Series Use
- The Origin Of The Felt
- The Use Of Industrial Felt
- Felt Production Process
- How to Make a Plantable Felt Garden...
- How to Use Felt Chair Bottoms to Pr...
- How to Make Felt Finger Puppets
- How to Make Your Own Christmas Stoc...
- How to Make a Felt iPod Case
- How to Make Wool Felt Ball Coasters
- Making Felt Hydrangeas
- No-Sew Felt Pencil Roll
- How to Make a Felt Tote Bag
- Dry Cleaning Felt