Gather your materials. You'll need scissors, 1/3 of a yard of felt, a leather cord, a utility knife, like an X-Acto knife, a straight-edged ruler, and washable fabric marker or tailor's chalk.
Cut your felt. Cut the felt down to 9" by 33". Arrange your felt on your workspace so it lies with the long side at the top.
Make dashes on the felt. Using your washable fabric pen or tailor's chalk, make 24 dashes across the long side of the fabric.
* Begin the marks 1" from the short side and 3" from the long side in the upper left corner of the fabric.
* Dashes should be 1/2" long with 1/2" between them.
Make the rest of the dashes. Make another identical row of dashes 1/2" above the first. Mirror these 1/2" marks at the bottom of the fabric.
* As above, begin the marks 1" from the short side and 3" from the long side (bottom) of the fabric.
* Mark another identical row of dashes 1/2" below the existing row of marks.
Cut slits in the felt. Use your utility knife to cut slits where you have made marks.
Make a hole for the strap. Cut a hole 1" from the edge of one of the short sides and approximately 4?" from the top.
Attach your leather cord. Do this by folding the cord in half and passing the folded end through the hole. Tie a knot in the loop to keep the cord from coming out of the hole.
Insert your pencils into the slots created by the slits. Because you cut 24 slits, your roll can hold up to 24 pencils.
Roll you pencils beginning at the cord-free end. Once rolled, use the cord to wrap and secure your pencil case.[
Related Industry Knowledge
- Different felt have different uses
- Felt industry development trend
- The Application and Characteristics...
- Is needle punched non-woven fabric ...
- What is the difference between impo...
- Felt plant bag -- a good helper for...
- Development history of colored chem...
- Comparison of the advantages of fel...
- The practicability and characterist...
- The felt insulation board is so big
- Making Felt Peonies
- How To Make Felt Dahlias
- How to Clean a Felt Pool Table Top
- How to Make Felt Puppets
- Popular White Elegant Cosmetic Bag
- Filter-Press Nonwoven Needle Felt F...
- Zippered Plastic Bag Pencil Case
- How To DIY Felt Pencil Case
- No-Sew Felt Pencil Roll
- Roll-Up Ribbon-Tied Pencil Case